The Christiana Spine Center has been in operation on the Christiana Care Hospital campus since June, 2000.
The founding concept of the Christiana Spine Center is to treat spine pathology with the most conservative treatment possible.
The Christiana Spine Center seeks to provide both patients and referring physicians with a facility that delivers a complete and balanced approach to the treatment of spinal pathology:
- Electronic patient medical records with capability of retrieving imaging studies
- Informal consultation among specialists
- Staff dedicated to spine care and patient education
- Treatment algorithms are reviewed and modified to improve patient outcomes
- Long term outcome studies will be collected and used to help advance spine care on a national level